The results of the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) were released today (6 August 2018). Although the number of eligible students reaches a new low at about 59,000, most of our business programmes maintain their remarkable admission scores. A few of them even record an improvement over last year. We are deeply encouraged by how well received our programmes are among students, parents and secondary school teachers. The following highlights are indeed part of their acknowledgement:
- 2 (out of 9) top HKDSE scorers, who achieved 5** in 7 subjects, are admitted by our programmes including Global Business Studies (GBS) and Global Economics and Finance (GLEF)
- 4 business programmes have been among the top 10 CUHK programmes based on WGPA for the 5 years in a row. They are GBS, Quantitative Finance and Risk Management (QFRM), International Business and Chinese Enterprise (IBCE), and Quantitative Finance (QFN)
- 3 programmes record significant year-on-year improvement. They are QFRM, QFN and BBA-Juris Doctor.
We are pleased with the satisfactory admission scores. At the same time, we are equally happy for the increasing diversity in the student mix thanks to the expanded effort in international admission and innovative admission schemes:
- As of today, 226 international students are joining us from 20 countries and regions. Two of them are awarded with the Hong Kong SAR Government’s Belt and Road Scholarship (Thailand).
- 27 top sportsmen and talent in other areas who represent Hong Kong in major international sports and other key competitions are admitted through the Sports Scholarship Scheme and Principals’ Nomination Scheme. One of them is awarded with the Multi-faceted Excellence Scholarship by Home Affairs Bureau of the Hong Kong SAR Government.
We thank you for your participation and great effort in the current admission campaign. Some of you joined our outreach activities, giving lectures and workshops. Some of you served as interviewers to help us identify the most suitable candidates. And most of you have been wonderful ambassadors of the school, giving positive words-of-mouth and great advice on both formal and informal bases. We would like to express our special gratitude to alumni who joined the admission interviews in June. Your presence was a strong testimony of the quality of our education.
The CUHK Business School has become the most preferred choice of business education in Hong Kong because of you.
Thank you very much. We will work harder and closer together in the next admission campaign.
Associate Dean (Undergraduate Studies)
CUHK Business School